The combination of quinoa, black beans, corn and Sweetwater greens provides great veg protein so the dish is really a complete meal in itself.
Toppings: Sliced green onions, avocado slices, sour cream, optional
Note: It is easy to incorporate other veggies, too. I also added squash from this week’s share.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Cover quinoa and set aside.
3. Wilt greens in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze dry.
4. In a large skillet, heat the tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the greens. Add in the peppers and corn. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa and black beans. Add the sautéed vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Pour in the enchilada sauce and stir. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
6.Pour the black bean and quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and edges are bubbling. Remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with toppings, if desired. Serve warm.