• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 cup cauliflower florets
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 6 slices bacon
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• ¼ cup diced red onion or scallion
• ½ cup diced red or green bell pepper
• 2 cups hard-cooked eggs, diced
• ¼ cup sunflower seeds
• Substitute ½ c quartered cherry tomatoes for broccoli
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned. Crumble and set aside on paper towel to drain
In a medium sized salad bowl, layer in order the broccoli, cauliflower (the optional onions, peppers, and eggs) cheese and bacon.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Drizzle dressing over top and serve.