Welcome members new and old to the start of Sweetwater Community Organic Farm’s 22nd CSA season. I can say with a smile on my face and a sigh of relief that the fields are looking great! Our rows are bright green and full of life and most of the plants are thriving in the crisp, cool Autumn nights that we’ve been blessed with recently. Most of you know there were a few set backs in the way of heavy rains and oppressive heat but the dog days of summer are behind us and our harvests look to be plentiful and delicious.
This week’s offering will be very healthy and green with lots of kale and collards as well as two different Asian greens and some beautiful red mustards. Turnips and radishes will add a bit of color and the sweet tang of basil still fills the air. Each week the newsletter will discuss “our best guess” of what we will bring to market. Please keep in mind that farming has many variables so we present a list of probable items. The only guarantee is that we will do our best to bring you the healthiest and freshest vegetables available.
Below is a discussion of important procedural items. Please follow these so that we can ensure our best effort on your behalf. Yesterday, you should have received a confirmation of your first pick up date and location. If you did not or if you have any questions regarding your pick up please respond to this email. The following are some helpful points on this season’s pick up process:
- If you opted for a payment plan, you must be up-to-date on all payments in order to pick up your share.
- Please bring reusable bags with you to your pick-up. There are a limited number of recycled plastic bags that staff and members have brought in that can be used in case you forget your bags. Please save any plastic grocery bags you have from home and bring them to the pick-up to share with the community.
- There will be a sign-in table where the CSA shares are picked up. You will need to initial next to your name on the pick-up list.
- If there is an item you do not want, you may “swap” it for another item that someone has left in the “swap bin” on the sign-in table.
- With the holidays coming, please check the CSA pick-up schedule for any changes.
- If you have any questions, you may ask the farmer at your pick-up or email our Program Coordinator, Yvette, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be harvesting a specific number of vegetable “shares” for our Members on each pick-up day. If you are not able to make it to your pick-up, you may send a friend or neighbor to pick up on your behalf. (They should initial next to your name on the pick-up sheet.) Or if a someone cannot pick-up for you, you may request a pick-up change with at least 48 hours notice. Your request should be sent to Yvette at email@example.com. Please include the date you cannot make and when you would like to come instead.
- Please note that we are unable to make up a missed pick up! We harvest a share for you whether you are able to pick it up or not. If your share is not picked up, it will be donated or sold at Market.
Our hope is that together we will all live a healthier and richer existence through our connection with the vegetables we eat, the land we work and the community we grow. I thank you immensely for your support and I look forward to seeing you at the farm!
P.S. Join us at Planter’s Ball this Saturday for a roaring good time of food, libations, music and to celebrate the first harvest.