1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil while you stem and wash the greens.
3. Blanch greens and transfer to an ice bath. Drain and squeeze out excess
water. Chop medium fine
4. Cook farro according to package instructions ( 1 cup grain to 2 cups water)
5. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onions until tender. Add leeks. Cook,
stirring, until leeks begin to soften. Add garlic and salt. Add thyme. Stir in
blanched greens and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
6. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in vegetables, farro and cheese. Scrape into oiled
2 quart baking dish. Top with sliced tomato and parmesan cheese
7. Bake 45 minutes until top is lightly brown. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before
Adapted from Martha Rose Shulman