1. Clean leeks; dice white and light green parts
2. Peel and dice the onion
3. Saute leeks and onion in butter until soft. Season with salt and pepper (and
other spices like the ones mentioned above).
4. Trim greens from turnips and save for another time. Peel and dice turnips
5. Add turnips and potatoes to onions and leeks and stir gently for 5 minutes.
6. Add stock and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes and turnips are fully
7. Puree in blender until smooth. Season to taste
Adapted from Chez Panisse Vegetables by Alice Waters