• 1 medium sweet onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 small cans tomato sauce
• 1 small can tomato paste
• 3 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoons parsley flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• ground black pepper to taste
• dried oregano to taste
• 1 tablespoon honey or to taste
• 1 medium head green cabbage
• 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 cup uncooked white rice
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic powder. Sauté until onion is softened and just beginning to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
In saucepan, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, oregano and honey. Stir in 2 tablespoons onion sautéed onion. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook rice in salted water until tender. Drain. Wash cabbage and carefully remove 12 outer leaves. Steam or cook leaves until pliable.
Combine onion mixture with rice, parsley, egg and 2 tablespoons simmered tomato sauce. Stir in cheddar cheese, salt to taste and curry powder.
Spoon rice mixture into center of cabbage leaves. Fold in sides and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
Place cabbage rolls in simmering tomato sauce and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.