Serves 6 – 8
• 2 cups cooked rice
• 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. raw ground beef
• 1/4 cup diced, minced onion
• 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
• 1 medium green head of cabbage
• 1 can tomato soup
• 1 bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 can of water
• 2 tablespoons sour cream
Mix together the rice, raw ground beef and onion. Boil the head of cabbage after coring it, just to loosen the leaves for about 3 to 5 minutes. Take 1 leaf out at a time and fill it with approximately 2 tablespoonfuls of rice-meat mixture. Fold it over horizontally and then bring in the sides of leaf to make a pocket. Arrange in a covered casserole dish or roasting pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Mix the sauce ingredients until creamy and spoon over the finished golumpki. Serve with rye bread and Polish sausage.