Rainbow Chard & Butter Bean Soup
- 6 cups water
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cans butter beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or 2 ripe chopped tomatoes)
- bunch of frozen Rainbow Chard (that was from my garden)
- about 1 – 2 cups of certified organic whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- sprinkle of paprika
- garlic salt to taste (I used Himala Salt Certified Organic brand.)
- freshly ground flax (for sprinkling on top)
1. Add the beans, tomatoes, rainbow chard, frozen peas, and cream of celery soup to your pot.
2. Pour in 6 cups water (or broth – I didn’t have any).
3. Add herbs, onion, garlic (or garlic salt like me).
4. Add the coconut oil.
5. Turn heat to medium.
6. Once the frozen veggies are tender and the soup has really heated up, add the couscous.
7. Cover with a lid.
8. Simmer for half an hour or so.
9. Sprinkle with freshly ground flax and enjoy!