• 3 cups broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
• 10 leaves joi choi, thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
Bring the broth to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the red pepper flakes, soy sauce, Asian sesame oil, and chopped garlic.
Add the joi choi. Simmer for up to 10 minutes, until the joi choi leaves turn dark green and are wilted and tender.
Try this soup also with cooked chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu.