• 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled OR 32 oz canned tomatoes
• 1 medium carrot
• 1 medium cucumber
• 1 medium green pepper
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/4 cup Spanish extra virgin olive oil
• 3-4 Tbsp Spanish Sherry vinegar
• 1/2 tsp. cumin powder (optional)
• Salt and pepper
• Ice cubes
• * Reserve 1 Tbsp each of chopped vegetables for garnish.
Peel and chop veggies. (If using canned tomatoes use the liquid also for the soup.)
Mix all ingredients in a blender, working in batches if necessary, until it becomes a thin and creamy soup.
Pour in a big bowl and adjust seasoning. If it´s too thick add 1/2 to 1 cup cold water.
Cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Serve the soup in individual bowls adding, if like, about 1 Tbsp per person of the reserved chopped mixed vegetables and some ice cubes.