• 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes or walnuts
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
• 1 pound carrots, cooked until tender
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
• dash of nutmeg
• pinch of salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. For the topping, combine the crushed corn flakes or nuts, brown sugar, and butter. Set aside. Puree the cooked carrots and the eggs in a blender (do not use a food processor). Add the sugar, flour, vanilla, butter, nutmeg and salt; blend until well blended. Pour into a 1 1/2-quart baking pan or soufflé dish and bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the topping over the soufflé and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the topping is lightly browned.
Source: Dianaskitchen.com – Adapted from a recipe from The Washington Post posted by R. Crockett.