• 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
• 1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup diced scallions
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 teaspoon sugar or mirin
• 1 teaspoon cider or rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger
• 1 clove minced or pressed fresh garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
• Red pepper flakes, sriricha, or hot sauce to taste (Optional)
Place beans in large saucepan of boiling water. Boil, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately rinse in ice water and pat to dry. Place in a serving bowl with sliced red pepper.
In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oils, sugar/mirin, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt, and optional ingredients, if using. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Toss salad with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve chilled.